As a business owner, your reputation is everything. Establishing a reputation, and then controlling it, is essential to becoming a successful leader in your field. Using video to control your narrative is a useful tool because it can be used to reach multiple audiences across any demographic, with 50% of viewers aged 18-34 reporting they would stop what they were doing to watch a video from their favorite creator, according to Google.
Humans are visual consumers and we find video content more engaging, entertaining and memorable than any other type of content according to Biteable. The video content you create will help you tell your businesses story, and control how the public views you and the services you provide. Establishing your reputation through video content can come in many forms including:
- Live Streams
- Product Videos
According to Insivia, viewers retain 95% of a message from viewing a video compared to 10% when reading the same message in a text. Using video to control your narrative is key to having your audience not only hear your message, but remember it.
Building an online reputation is a major step in becoming the go-to business for your customers and future clients. According to Wordstream, Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and images combined. Think about how many new eyes could be drawn to you and your company through video content!
Check out some more statistics we gathered about why you should be using video to build your reputation and control your narrative:
- According to Insivia, a website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video.
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands according to HubSpot.
- From Youtube — Over 1.9 billion people use YouTube. That’s about one-third of the internet.
- Facebook has over 8 billion video views per day, according to TechCrunch.
- According to LinkedIn, video campaigns have 50% view rates.
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300% according to Hubspot.
The numbers don’t lie; video storytelling is an excellent way to control your businesses narrative, build your reputation and become the leader in your field.